Q Acoustics is making a big deal about the new C3 Continuous Curved Cone profile in the mid/bass driver for this new speaker series, which is positioned between the 3000i range and Concept series models
The 5000 family is comprised of the 5010 bookshelf, 5020 standmount, 5040 floorstander, 5050 large floorstander, with the 5090 centre-channel completing the line-up
The C3 (pronounced ‘C-cubed’) Continuous Curved Cone design in the mid/bass driver apparently helps high-frequency integration with the tweeter whilst also adding dynamic response to bass. So you get a continuous curve profile which apparently enhances dispersion but lowering distortion.
The minimalist design resemble the latest Concept speaker series. The baffle fronts are laminated with a layer of butyl rubber and black acrylic trim. All speaker models arrive in a choice of four finishes: Satin Black, Satin White, Santos Rosewood and Holme Oak.
The 5040 and 5050 floorstanding models come with solid aluminium stabilisers that feature top adjustable spikes while low-profile speaker terminals give a neat and tidy appearance.
All models in the 5000 series feature Point-2-Point (P2P) bracing and Helmholtz Pressure Equalisers (HPE) tube technology.
Based on the tweeter design principle found in the newest Concept series, the high frequency driver unit is hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated.
- Q Acoustics 5020 – £599/€799/$899
- Q Acoustics 5040 – £999/€1,299/$1,499
- Q Acoustics 5010 – £499/€649/$749
- Q Acoustics 5090 – £399/€499/$599
- Q Acoustics 5010 5.1 (2x 5010/pair, 5090, QB12 subwoofer): £1,975/€2,495/$2,845
- Q Acoustics 5040 5.1 (1x 5040/pair, 1x 5010/pair, 5090, QB12 subwoofer): £2,475/€3,145/$3,595
- Q Acoustics 3000FSi floorstands (pair) for the 5010/5020: £175/€219/$239
- Q Acoustics WB75 wall bracket (single) for the 5020/5090: £59.95/€79/$89
- Q Acoustics 3000WB wall bracket (single) for the 5010: £22/€27.50/$32.50
Leave a reply